Graphic designing tips for non-designers
Not everyone is a graphic designer and not everyone can make your website look professional but we have to be designers somewhere in our life.
Be it designing your posts for your social media or getting designs for your projects. Entrepreneurs and business owners might be designing their websites themselves.
Graphics is something you should have as a skill in your back pocket.
You can bea designer even if you do not know anything about it. How?
1. Look out for the white space
The first thing any visitor looks out for is the content and graphics.
The areas where there is no content or graphic is also important because you need to leave space for your website to breathe.
If you crowd your material in order to catch attention, you will lose your visitor in a second. Nobody likes to go in a crowded space.
2. Stick to easy to read fonts
When you are designing something, you look out for the fonts too. While choosing a good font, look out for the readability of the content because that is what matters after graphics.
You need to make sure that whatever font you are going for is readable to your users, or you will easily lose visitors and many more visitors in the future.
3. Look out for the psychological effect of colors
When your are designing your brand logo or the color palette of your brand, make sure you take care of the color psychology.
According to the psychology of human brain, different colors evoke different feelings:
- Blue: trust, safety, security and relaxation.
- Purple: creativity, abundance, and mystery.
- Green: wealth, health, and refreshment.
- Pink: femininity, romance, and youth.
- Orange: energy and enthusiasm.
- Yellow: optimism, spontaneity.
- Red: passion and energy.
- Black: sophistication, luxury, and power.
- White: purity and cleanliness.
- Grey: gravity and professionalism.
It’s important that you use color psychology while choosing the colors you want for your brand logo to your website. It helps communicate to people in certain ways and in building trust.
4. Create a color palette
While thinking about the psychology of color, you can create a color palette of all the colors that you will use for brand. You have to make all the colors interactive with each other.
You can check out Adobe’s color wheel to create a color palette for yourself.
5. Make sure there’s a visual component to your brand style guide
A brand style guide is important to make sure everyone is on the same page. And to create designs that are consistent.
The visual portion of a style guide should include things like:
- A library of fonts.
- A color palette, complete with the hex, CMYK, and RGB codes for each color.
- A variety of brand logo(s) to choose from.
- Brand assets and photos that are regularly used in designs.
- Relevant instructions on how/when to use certain colors, fonts, sizes, etc.
You don’t have to be a professional to create a professional looking design.
Use these tips for non-designers and you will be good to go.
Get set go designers!
Also, read my blog on why is graphic designing important? Click the link given below: https://www.teamjugadu.com/blog/why-is-graphic-designing-important/