There are many mediums of doing marketing of your business. Which is mainly known as traditional and digital marketing. But which medium is best suited for your business and grow your business that is more important? In this article, I try to make you understand both the marketing mediums, like their advantages & disadvantages and which should you use?
Digital marketing is a way of marketing through digital media with the help of new technology. It includes:
- Content writing
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization
- E-mail marketing
- Social media optimization
Digital marketing becomes a very popular medium of marketing especially after Covid- 19. Because a huge amount of people use internet and mobile phone frequently. Which makes sense for businesses to do marketing through online channels.
Traditional Marketing is also known as the conventional mode of marketing. Which includes various offline advertising methods and promotional methods. Traditional marketing is an expensive mode of marketing, not every business can afford it.
Difference Between traditional marketing and digital marketing
The foremost difference between traditional and digital marketing is the medium through which we target the audience. One uses conventional marketing methods. Another one uses modern-day marketing methods.
Four Ps of traditional Marketing
Product– Understand your product or service deeply. Only then you’ll be able to market it successfully to your targeted audience.
Price– Price is according to your product. You should always provide value for money. Price is the most important factor in terms of marketing
Promotion– In promotion marketers focus on telling the customer about their product and service. And tell them why customers choose them over others.
Place– In this marketing marketer need to put the right thing in front of the right people at right time at the right place.
Six pillars of online Marketing
Content Marketing– Create content according to your niche. Rather than pitching to everyone about your product or service. Content Marketing will attract only your potential customer.
Native Advertising– Native advertising is a form of paid media. These types of ads are shown in social media feeds or as a recommended content on a web page.
Pay-Per-click– Involves online advertising. The advertiser has to pay a certain amount of fee whenever there is a click on ads.
Search Engine Optimization– SEO is an organic way to doing marketing that generates leads. In other words, SEO experts optimize your website according to google norms to get ranked in search engines.
Social Media marketing– In social media marketing, we use social media platforms to connect with people to build brand value, increase sales and drive traffic to the website.
E-mail Marketing– E-mail marketing is a personalized way of doing marketing. E-mail marketing gives us high rates of conversion.
Pros of Digital Marketing
- Low cost– Big businesses can spend a huge amount of money on marketing. However, for small businesses it kind of impossible to spend a huge amount of money on marketing only. Digital marketing through a digital platform can be a good option for them.
- Easy to measure– In traditional marketing, we can not measure if our visitor converted into a customer or not. But with digital marketing, we have all the statistics. Through which we can analyze everything. Google Analytics is a very powerful tool to analyze certain goals.
- Create brand value for free– If you post regularly on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- No boundaries– The Internet has no boundaries on time limitation. Digital Marketing your business can be visible around the world. This gives you an opportunity to compete with big giants.
Pros of Traditional Marketing
- Easy to understand– Reach of ads is more. Anyone with no internet can also see it.
- Local reach is more– By advertising on a local newspaper, local radio channels, local tv channels. One can target an audience from a particular location. But this method might be expensive for some people.
Hope this article helps you understand the difference Between Traditional and digital marketing. In conclusion, I want to say that the 21st century is all about digitization. Therefore, you also adopt new technology which more affordable. To grow your business.
Read my other useful blogs- https://www.teamjugadu.com/blog/